Friday 18 April 2014

Dealing with Dark Shadows Under the Eyes

Hi everyone! I've always had problems with dark shadows under my eyes for as long as I can remember and yes you can cover up with concealer but prevention is better than cure right? I'm no professional but these seemed to have worked for me so I wanted to share some products and tips for reducing those dark shadows.

The first tip everyone tells you is to get more sleep, which yes will help reduce those shadows but especially for me at the moment with my exams starting in less than a month and procrastination levels hitting an all time high, sleep is becoming a bit of a luxury! According to research as a teenager you should be getting 8-9 hours sleep a night... I'm lucky to get 7 most nights! You should also try and make sure you keep your skin hydrated by reducing the amount of caffeine and concentrated fruit juices and switching to water or squash.


A quick fix to dealing with dark shadows is before you go to bed run two spoons under the tap and put them into a freezer. When you wake up in the morning run them under some water again and gently pat them on the area under your eyes. You do have to be careful with this as sometimes the spoons might stick to you skin if you push them on too hard for too long.


As well as keeping healthy I've found a couple of great products that have really helped me! The first is the Revitale Collagen and Q10 Anti-wrinkle eye gel patches which I found on Fragrance Direct for a bargain price of £0.99!!!! I was a bit hesitant because I hadn't heard of the brand before but the reviews seemed to be good so I thought I would give it a whirl! Although they are designed for combating wrinkles I found they were really good at reducing the puffiness of my under eye area which in turn reduced the dark shadows. You just leave them on for 20-30 minutes before I go to bed and when I took them I could actually feel the difference straightaway!



Another product that I also picked up from Fragrance Direct was the Pretty Perfect Rejuvenating Eye Roll On also for £0.99! I tend to use this in the morning but I found it takes quite a while to dry/ soak in so I don't use it every morning because I don't really have enough time (I'd prefer the extra time in bed!) but when you first roll it on it does feel pretty good! The stick itself was a lot thinner than I had expected and you have to tilt it when you roll it on otherwise the liquid doesn't come out but it's got a very ergonomic design which makes it easy to hold. There are probably better products like this on the market but for the price I really can't complain!





I know this post was very short but I hoped it helps if you too are suffering for huge dark circles! Hope you enjoyed reading and let me know if you've got any tips or products that you use!

No comments:

Post a Comment